This is me and Steffy P back in 1999, a mere 2 hours before I made the infamous phone call that got me fired from NuSkin back in the day.But that's not the point. The point is that I love this picture-I was in my "prime". Since I've put on some weight in the past year (I blame the depression and anxiety but really how long can that be an excuse?) my goal is to find that body again. Shouldn't be hard right?
That's what I keep telling myself.
The best part is-I thought I was fat!
Which makes me wonder-will we (as women) ever take off those dim-colored glasses (not rose-colored by any means!) that keeps us from realizing how fantastic we really look?
What do you think?
4 comments:
I think you looked FABULOUS in that picture!!!! And as I look back, thank goodness those calls were made--look how far we have all come.
You can find that body. It is at least 80% how/what you eat. You have the active/gym part down.
Me on the other hand, I haven't really worked out since I found out I was pregnant with Presley--over 4 years ago. My muscles are flabby and I have no strength.
This is how bad it is. My knee creaks and just last week while I was shopping (chris makes fun of me for this) I got a bad case of plantar fascitis (heel spurs pain)--usually men and avid runners get this injury. I am a MESS.
Jen I think you look great! But I totally get what you're saying, I look back a few years ago and see the skinny me and think, wow and I thought I had a pooch then??
So weird that history was made 2 hours later! That's a fun picture.
I think it sucks that we are so hard on ourselves. Guys are not nearly as judgemental (except for the shallow ones - stay away) as we are, both to ourselves and to other women. We care more than they do.
Thanks for your comments-I think body image is something we all have to deal with and if we see each other as God sees us and not compare ourselves to the images in the magazines I'm sure it would be a lot better :)
Post a Comment