Thursday, November 5, 2009

Comment on road rage....

You'd think that as a strong member of the LDS faith, with a strong desire to be Christlike. But that all goes out the window when I'm driving.

Case in point: Tonight I was driving to work. It was my first night going to work after the time change so it's completely dark outside when I left at 6:15pm. Now keep in mind that I have a hard time at night guaging how close cars are coming when I want to change lanes.

But I digress.

So I am driving along at a cruising speed of 80mph, so I make my way to the fast lane where fast people belong. All of a sudden there's brake lights everywhere and we all slow down. I debated risking the fine and jumping into the carpool lane but I decided against that. After inching along for about 10 minutes the right lanes start clearing out. My fellow drivers were able to inch out of our lane that was at a complete stop, but due to my inability to guage the spacing between cars I was stuck in my lane.

Finally as I was ready to kill somebody, the middle lane started slowing down for us so we could get over. That's when I noticed that just ahead of me, in my lane, there were 3 cars with their hazard lights on, and in the first car was a little old man (at least I think it was-I could have been wrong.

Now I don't know if the car had broken down or if there was a fender bender there, but it had stopped all of us! I was so mad! While I felt bad for the man, it did not stop me from yelling at the top of my lungs various words that are usually reserved for work during a code situation.

Yeah.... It's definitely shameful. It's kind of like one of those things that only you know you do, and well, the old man in the car, since I was yelling and my windows were rolled down, and I contined to yell until I got to my exit. But now that I've confessed to my readers I can put it behind me and hopefully do better-until the next traffic jam.....

No comments: