So after last night's road rage and an entire shift of alterntating between being ticked off at stupidity and outrageously funny sarcasm, I've decided to try to be more kind and loving towards others today.
Easy, right?
Well, considering that there's something about working that can turn me into a bitter old NICU nurse it can be tough-but I'm determined to fight it tonight! And in that tone I decided to list the little things that I'm grateful for so that I can focus on the positive things in life.
Here is what I'm grateful for:
*Various people at Lifetime Fitness who turn in my gym card when I leave it in the lockers
*The last bran muffin in the cafeteria that was waiting for me when I went to get my beverage and small snack
*Listening to general conference talks on the way in to work to avoid road rage because how can you road rage when you are listening to apostles speak?
*My uninterrupted sleep-you know, that kind of sleep where you wake up in the same position that you fell asleep in and you've slept like a log and you weren't woken up by the garbage truck or dogs barking in the trailer park acrossed the fence-it's a good feeling!
*The Office episodes on my Ipod that I fall asleep to
*My DVR that records past episodes of Desparate Housewives so that I can catch up on what I've missed
*The rockin' roommates that I have at work tonight!!
I could list more but I'm feeling pretty good about things tonight-and I will keep trying to have a positive attiude and not want to strangle people on the road or at work because that would be wrong....very wrong.....
No comments:
Post a Comment