
Jan*
Last night at my place of business we discovered that it was Jan's birthday on Thursday, yet it was Jan's last shift for the week. We didn't want Jan's birthday to go uncelebrated-we had to do something! Luckily, Danette had brought in monster cookies (for those who haven't had the monster cookies they are amazing!). Unfortunately we couldn't light a candle-it's against regulations, but in a burtst of inspiration I fashioned a candle out of a toothette (a mint-flavored sponge on top of a sucker stick used to do oral care) and cut out a 'flame' with paper and a yellow highlighter.
I won't go into detail about how hard it was to get Jan to let us sing to her and give her the cookie because I wouldn't want my readers to think that we are anything but serious at work, but there was some wrestling and hiding under desks. She's small but she's strong people. Anyway it all worked out in the end-and I'm so proud of the cookie! My favorite is that in the flash of the camera the candle looks like it's bright and shining! Just like Jan!
In other work news:
It was chicken nugget night!
We infiltrated the 1:00 lunch group-well, only 2 of them-but watch out!
I am officially passed off on the surgical/sepsis part of Intermediate III!
I haven't laughed that hard in weeks!
Don't you wish you worked at my place of business?
*Jan's picture was taken after obtaining informed consent with the understanding that it would be posted on this blog
3 comments:
Her Eyes Are Closed. . . . It's probably because the candle was so bright though.
I DO wish I worked at your place of business!! Oh wait . . . I do!! Thanks again for the shout-out, best roomie EVER.
no problem Tiffany! I love working with you! And McKenzie thank you for pointing out the brightness of the candle-it definitely wasn't hiding under a bushel.
Post a Comment