Saturday, July 2, 2011

Comment on a little twilight.......

Not that Twilight.....

This twilight:




Tonight I had a rare evening where I wasn't working and didn't have plans, so I decided to go for an evening jog. I love jogging in the evenings, yet I haven't done it since summers when I lived in Provo. I went every night back then-jogged from my apartment by Provo High, up around the Provo Temple and back home. It was the best way to spend summer evenings.

Tonight I listened to General Conference while I jogged, until the last 20 minutes or so when I had a nice long talk with my Heavenly Father about some things I need to do. It's the best way to pray I think. It's quiet, no distractions, just the rhythm of my feet on the pavement and my breathing. I thought about how great it is that I can listen to the words of the Apostles of Jesus Christ whenever I want, and how amazing it is that what I heard tonight is exactly what I needed to hear.

I can't wait to go out again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looked like a lovely evening...the best way to talk to "Father"

Anonymous said...

anonymous is your mother!