So once upon a time I was all about goal setting. I had all kinds of goals. Go to nursing school, independent study in the NICU, graduate with a decent G.P.A., get job at my current POB, live in Draper, lose the mission weight, enjoy my church calling, make friends in Idaho. I methodically checked every goal off my list.But amidst all that goal-setting and achieving I forgot to think ahead to the future. Serious goal-setting has fallen by the wayside in favor of prefacing everything with 'someday' or 'next year'.
Hello future, I'm unprepared. Nice to meet you.
As much as I've enjoyed my goal-free-live-by-the-moment existence, it's time to reign it in. I've had some bumps in the road that were unexpected but it's time to hoist myself up by the bootstraps and get back in the game (yes, I just said 'hoist myself up by the bootstraps'-I don't know what that means but it sounds inspiring).
In order to achieve the goals I've set I get to do fun things like practice self-restraint and reintroduce the word 'no' into my vocabulary. After 2 years of doing whatever I've wanted to do this should be interesting but it'll be worth it in the end, right? And seriously, I'm not going to throw a fit like a 2-year-old if I don't get what I want RIGHT NOW.
At least not in public anyway.......
3 comments:
so i had no idea you have a blog! i wish you lots of luck on the goal setting, i'm not very good at following through these days either!
I'm so excited for you to implement what we discussed! Mwa ha ha ha!
What are you "implimenting"--sounds serious given Jenna's echoing laugh.
Tantrums can be fun, right? When will they end?
Post a Comment