
DJ and I and our books at the concert
But I digress......
Books like Confessions of a Shopaholic-or LA Candy are fluff-aka books to read at 3am at work when you can't stay awake (not that I read or fall asleep at my place of business). Other books with more substance are books that I will finish, put my book down and then think about it for awhile. Sometimes I will get insights into my soul (I'm trying to sound deep here). I love when I can think about how the character's lives change and how I can be bold enough to make changes. Or on the flip side how the experiences they've had have shaped their lives which reminds me that I can't judge someone's actions because of the experiences they've had. Plus when you read it's much more engaging than watching tv. You're imagining how the characters look and developing the scenes in your mind. It just keeps all neurons firing on deck. So great. I just don't get it when people don't like to read*.....weird.....
Well, I'm going to sign off-I've got a new book to start.....
*I don't mean to offend any of my blog readers who may be non-readers, this is merely my own opinion which is what blogs are all about-right? I'm starting to sense some ideas for another post...
3 comments:
Please tell me you are bringing LA Candy home with you...
I share your reading sentiments--I LOVE TO READ. Sned me any good titles you have read lately.
Cheesecake Factory next week???
Jen, shouldn't you be reading some of your Level 5 material at 0300??? Kidding ;-). I'm a big fan of the kinds of books that are read at 0300 :D.
While I've never thought of taking a book to a concert, I think I might next time...
Post a Comment