Sunday, June 28, 2009

Comment on the moose pants



Oh moose pants-how do I love thee-let me count the ways:




  • I love that I bought you during the after Christmas sales at Old Navy for $7.99, there was an entire rack of you and your siblings just waiting to be purchased and I took advantage and bought you and never looked back-



  • I love that you stayed with me through nursing school, always waiting for me to come home after a long day of clinicals and put you on before I did anything else. Your softness continued to comfort me at my new place of employment as I dealt with the stress of being a NICU nurse, along with the anxiety and depression that plagued me this last winter-



  • I love that due to countless washes you were the softest pair of pyjama pants I have ever owned-



  • I love that you matched the moose plates that my Grandma gave us for Christmas one year-

  • I love that my mom wore her pair of moose pants to Senor Iguana's one night when we went to dinner after going tanning and nobody noticed, yes-that's right, nobody noticed-

  • I love that I wore you to Harmon's with my Uggs, embarassing my sister-



  • I love that I continued to wear you even after the bottoms of your legs became frayed and worn because I loved you no matter what you looked like-



  • I love that although I've purchased several new pairs of pyjama pants since that day at Old Navy I've always come back to you-
The saddest day of my life was the night a few months ago when I got up from the couch and stepped on your pant leg that was exceptionally long for my shorter legs and you tore up the side. I thought that it would be ok, but after that incident every time I've worn you you've continued to tear, leading me to believe that your time in my closet is coming to an end.






And so, dear moose pants, I don't know how I will part from you but I know that I must let you go. Your life has lasted much longer than expected. Know that I will always cherish our days and nights together, and I will never forget the comfort you provided.




Love,

Your faithful wearer

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I love this post. Oh btw I do own a sewing machine and I'm not to shabby at repairs. Just fyi.