I got this idea from Marie's blog and I was getting ready to go to bed and I thought of all these things I could say and so I thought hey-I have to work tomorrow night so there's no reason to go to bed now. So here goes-
100. I get easily sucked in to real estate shows on HGTV
99. The year I graduated from BYU-although at my 30th b-day party/get-together i told people i graduated in high school in 99 (obviously they didn't know i was 30, it was a see-crud)
98. Sometimes before I go to bed I dab on a bit of my favorite perfume just for fun (currently DKNY Be Delicious)
97. I eat the same breakfast every day-Oatmeal Squares in the blue box ($2.78 at wal-mart)
96. Raw beef smells like human blood so I don't like to cook it.
95. I sweat like a large man when I work out.
94. The year I graduated high school-I don't often admit this :o)
93. If I could spend all day reading my favorite books without feeling lazy I would.
92. I still wear my retainer every night (or day) to bed
91. The year I graduated high school-I don't often admit this :o)
90. I have high cholesterol (256-i'm not even kidding) hence the eating of the oatmeal squares for breakfast, and the oatmeal at lunch when I work.
89. Diet cherry coke with limes (real ones) is my absolute favorite thing to drink
88. I don't enjoy going to movies as much as I used to before my mission
87. I own about 10 books on marriage that I collected in the pre-mission years-why? I don't know, it's kind of embarassing.
86. I feel very self-conscious most of the time, and it keeps me from doing a lot of things I want to do.
85. I don't think my job scares me as much as it should (well, today anyway).
84. Although I hate my age, I also like it, in that I'm more apt to not be willing to do things I don't want to do just because everyone else wants to do them.
83. I plan on attending the new X-Files movie wearing my 'Scully' jacket (long and black my friends).
82. I get homesick for Utah even though I live here.
81. Burger Supreme is my all-time favorite out of all the greek-owned hamburger places here in Utah
80. I have 2 cars just because I can't bear to part with my Saturn-it's my first car I ever bought and paid for all on my own.
79. Seriously, part of the reason I became a nurse was influenced by my love of ER. No joke.
78. I was saying 'seriously' on my mission thanks to Danny Young who said it all the time, that's like 3 years before Gray's Anatomy came out. They stole that word from me.
77. I really grew to like living in Pocatello.
76. I miss nursing school sometimes, mostly I think I miss my BFF Becky-we were together all the time through all the torture of school. It really bonds you together. I still think there's some people from our class who don't know who was who. Plus there's something to be said when you can tell each other you're being a brat and still be on speaking terms the next day.
75. Another reason I became a nurse-I love scrubs. Plus guys in scrubs are hot (NTF).
74. One of my biggest fears since I was a little kid is that I wouldn't be able to get pregnant and have a baby. Kind of weird for a 10 year old.
73. I miss my family a lot, all the time. Especially my brother.
72. I still have my VHS recordings of Felicity season 1 because they lost the rights to the music when they put out the DVD's and I love the original music and I can't part with it.
71. Cafe Rio Salads are better than Bajio's and way better than Costa Vida.
70. When I go to restaraunts I tend to order the same thing-I rarely branch out-I don't want to be disappointed.
69. I'm a serious homebody and I accept that about myself.
68. I'm very outgoing at work, but a completely different person at church-aka I don't really talk -it's weird. I think I expend all my energy being outgoing at work.
67. I feel like I have to compete with most people, although I generally try to suppress that feeling.
66. Ben and Jerry's Chubby Hubby is my all-time favorite ice cream. Still. I just re-discovered it and it's responsible for lots of extra treadmill time.
65. I hate keeping junk. I get mad at myself when I do it.
64. I have not yet subjected myself to tivo-I know, it's shocking.
63. I love Gain detergent. Emilee at work introduced me to it when I accosted her asking what perfume she was wearing-turned out, it was just laundry detergent. No big deal.
62. Some day I want to live in Boston.
61. I was attacked by a large dog when I was like 3, it's one of my earliest memories-therefore, I don't do big dogs.
60. The first night of the year that i"m able to sleep with my window open all night long is my favorite night of the year. If that makes sense.
59. When I first was allowed to drive by myself (I was able to pick up my sister from her typing class) I would always play Bryan Adams 'The Boys of Summer" with my windows rolled down. Every time.
58. When I was younger (like middle school) I was obsessed with The Judds.
57. I used to work with a guy who absolutely could not get passed the greatness of the music of the 80's. I thought that was weird. Now I'm the same way about alternative music from the 90's :o).
56. I'm still trying to lose the weight I gained when I decided to serve a mission and let myself go and continued to let myself go during the mission. Seriously it's a problem.
55. Speaking of pre-mission issues, I chopped off all my hair-literally-went from hair halfway down my back to like 2 inches long in a felicity-esque way of trying to regain control of my life. Issues.
54. Despite my short hair serving a mission was the best thing I could have every done-I think it was more for me than for the people I served.
53. Before we moved to Albuquerque when I was 6 my grandma and grandpa Carson made me learn how to spell it-I think of that every time I go to write it.
52. I always set my alarm for a good 30 minutes before I have to get up to allow for time to press snooze.
51. Although I think Gold's Gym is a conspiracy I've been a loyal member off and on for years.
50. After working for a dermatologist I'm scared to death of tanning beds, but that does not keep me from laying out by the pool-in SPF 50.
49. I can't wait to be warm again! This has been the snowiest winter of my life.
48. I am paranoid of bad breath-therefore I always chew gum-Dentyne Ice-Artic Chill-the black package. Always.
47. I like watching people and trying to figure out their lives.
46. Really, there's something cool about working in a hospital like Primary Children's. It's pretty sweet.
45. My favorite thing about myself: My hair. I've been blessed.
44. My next favorite thing about myself: My eyes, I have my grandpa's eyes-we all do. (Bev told me that once-very cool). Except for DJ. He has my dad's eyes. So by we all I mean my mom, my aunt, my uncle, most of my cousins and Jenna.
43. Holding babies has always been one of my favorite things. I have the touch. My mom even told me.
42. I don't understand cats-good thing I'm allergic to them.
41. It takes me at least an hour to get ready for bed. It's one of my least favorite things to do during the day.
40. I hate having a tv in my bedroom, and yet I keep it there.
39. I like quiet.
38. I still love Dave Matthews. If I get married I really need someone who will take me to one of their concerts.
37. I can't wait for The Hills to come back.
36. One of my favorite t-shirts is an Olympus High basketball shirt I stole from one of the elders, I'm wearing it right now.
35. I'm the only one in my family who hasn't been on my dad's Harley.
34. I miss popcorn and cheese. And fried ice cream from El Azteca.
33. Reality Bites is still one of my favorite movies to quote, although nobody I know anymore actually knows any of the lines, which makes it not as fun to quote.
32. I can't wait for Thursday night's Lost.
31. I still remain a loyal watcher of ER even though I admit it's getting kind of old (did I really write that? )
30. I think I have finally outgrown the Real World.
29. I have golf clubs-they are purple.
28. Part of the reason I like to run is so that I can say that I'm a runner.
27. The other part of the reason I like to run is that it requires discipline and makes my legs look cool when I walk. Not that I show off my legs.
26. My family calls me 'stumps' as in short legs, that would be why I don't like to show them anymore. Thanks guys.
25. I go to church and meetings and church functions because I love the gospel and it's where I'm supposed to be to show the Lord my obedience to Him, not just because everyone else is doing it.
24. I've changed since my mission. Sometimes I don't know who this new person is. I should probably figure it out.
23. I love baseball hats (especially my boston hat) but since my hair is so thick I feel like it floats atop my head, and that's a problem.
22. One of the things I look forward to the most about the writer's stike ending should be new episodes of Grey's Anatomy, but really it's new episodes of The Office.
21. This is the age when I really thought I was officially old. My best friend growing up, Korinne, kidnapped me and took me to Mesquite for the weekend along with her sister and her sister's best friend. That was so much fun.
20. I love Jimmy John's subs. The #4, easy on the mayo, no lettuce. It was a staple on surgery days at the dr's office.
19. I loved doing title inspections. No office, no phone, just me and the saturn on the open road, looking at houses.
18. I always sign my name, Jennifer J. Mills. Sometimes I forget I'm not at work and add an 'RN' on the end of that.
17. This is such a cool age there is even a magazine for it.
16. I have worked at 3 pizza places: Little Caesar's, Domino's and Dion's.
15. When I got accepted I wanted to work at the BYU Bookstore because in high school my favorite book was Michelle and Debra by Jack Weyland, and Michelle worked at the BYU Bookstore. This is not a joke, that was my only reason for working there. For 5 years. Apparently I am very affected by media.
14. I love freshly picked green beans that you have to snap-they taste so good and have a great earthy gardeny smell.
13. I love to drive at night with my window rolled down (in the summer of course).
12. Although everyone in Pocatello (my friends that is) loves Mama Inez for mexican food, I beg to differ and prefer Senor Iguana's. In fact, we went there so much that it got to where I didn't have to ask them to make me flour tortilla chips-i would walk in and they would automatically say we're making them for you. You gotta love small town restaraunts.
11. The age I was when my bro was born. Some of my favorite sayings of my little bro's :'I have all kinds of time,nothin' but time.' 'I know all about it', 'I'm all over it'...man I miss my brother. Seriously he comes home in november. That'll be pretty freaking amazing.
10. I still call jamba juice 'zuka juice' and every once in awhile i'll take it way back and call it 'blenders'
9. One summer my dad used to literally drag me up the trail up rock canyon like every day. I hated it. Now I love it.
8. I used to think that my personal journal should be an open forum for thoughts. Now that I go back and read those thoughts I find them embarassing, and I wish I had stuck to safer topics like the weather. I kind of feel the same way when I look at byu pics with my hair dyed red-seriously, what was i thinking?
7. I am a proud member of Netflix.
6. I bought my ipod this summer 2 weeks before the new ones came out. When I saw the new ones and found out I could buy an 80gb for the price i paid for my 30gb, I was ticked. I found my receipt from Best Buy and took it back. They totally did the exchange and said i was lucky I kept that receipt. No kidding. Best decision I ever made man.
5. The age I was when my sister was born. Her name is Jenna. My name is Jennifer. Her birthday is June 9th. My birthday is June 12th. Her initials are JMM. My initials are JJM. I think it's weird. Good thing we're BFFS.
4. I am very disappointed at this next line-up for Dancing With the Stars. I was expecting Donny Osmond to be on it so I would really have something to complain about. Oh well.
3. Whenever I look at the clock at work and it's 3am I think 'it's 3am I must be lonely'-20pts if you can name that song.
2. I love giving nicknames to people, or code names if you will, especially at work. It's kind of fun and makes talking on our Vocera's interesting.
1. I decided to blog as a way of recognizing the fun things in my life-I think it's working! Yea Team!
4 comments:
Hello #3 is Matchbox Twenty 3AM. I love Matchbox. This was fun to read maybe I will have to try it.
OK, I have to tell you that it wigs me out how much we have in common. I love it. Seriously, we will discuss The Hills when I come....its my guilty pleasure show. :)
I. Love. This. And I'm totally going to copy it. Standby. :)
Jen, your blog (this post in particular) is a cure for "writer's strike blues". Great read!
Post a Comment