


So my first comment is simply this: I changed the name of my blog from Jen, RN to Jen has a comment because well, I always have comments and I like to make them, and it seemed appropriate for a blog where I will make comments. Sometimes it takes me awhile to be creative. Anyway last night was the Super Bowl, which everyone knows. I heard it's the 3rd biggest eating 'holiday' of the year. That's pretty appropriate. Due to the snow (see pics from yesterday's blog) Lisa (my cousin/roommate) and I were not able to make the trek to her parent's house to watch said game, so we stayed at our apartment and marveled at the snow. What was amazing is that we came out of church-the snow wasn't falling, the sky looked ominous, but it didn't seem too bad. We got into our apartment and literally within minutes it was as if a blizzard had descended. Out of control.
So back to the Super Bowl. I was rooting for the Pats, not that I follow NFL football or anything, but it goes back to my New Hampshire days and my friend Mike who has been a loyal supporter of the Pats even when they sucked. So therefore I have always supported them even though I don't know what I'm talking about. We had the game on, but I started making valentine's cards and was so engrossed in it that I didn't even notice that the scoreboard and that the Pats were in a serious situation. Anyway long story short-you all know what happened, the Pats lost, I felt bad for Mike, and for the Pats-it would have been cool for them to go 19-0, or so I've been told. Maybe they'll have another chance next year....
2 comments:
Jen, You have managed to bring a slight smile into what has otherwise been a dark, dark day. I needed that :)
I think it is pretty cool that you were pulling for them - even if you didn't know what was going on! I am also pretty sure you were the only one West of the Mississippi doing so. Rough night. Even the commercials were terrible (except for a couple... like the baby trading stocks... made me laugh... but come to think of it that was one of the few commercials that played while the Patriots were winning... hmmm...).
Anyway, I had better end this comment now before I slip back into my blissful state of denial and catatonia...
...So close... a minute left... winning by four... 19 and Oh so close... blah... mmmrrphhh.... I like French fried potatoes...
I am loving the name change. And cute Valentine cards!
Post a Comment