Thursday, April 9, 2009

Comment on being sick......


So as all my facebook friends know, I've been sick-people know this because I've been updating my status on facebook frequently since I've going out of my mind from sitting home day in and day out. This wouldn't have been so bad but my cousin/roommate Lisa was also out of town for work so I was completely by myself, with my computer and my tv and my thoughts. Yikes!!

Even though things haven't been exciting I realized I've had a few pictures that I wanted to post on my blog even though I haven't written whole entries about them-so here's my random pics:

This is my knee. About a month ago I was volunteering at the Draper Temple open house as a nurse, and while running to a medical emergency I tripped and fell (in front of at least a hundred people) flat on my face and this happened. You can see the lines from the plastic I fell on in the bruise. It was pretty sweet. I didn't wallow in the fact that I totally embarassed myself-instead my co-nurse Angie and I were laughing way too hard about the situation. We were more irreverant than anything-ooops.

This is me and my cousin Emily on the bus going up to do the Draper Temple tour-I don't have much to say about this pic except I think it's a cute one of both of us!


These pics were taken last week at the Blue October concert I attended at The Depot with Shannon and Lisa. I first heard Blue October's 'Hate Me' back in Pocatello and loved it-then Into the Ocean, then they were on a bunch of the Twilight playlists and the more I heard-the more I was hooked-I've been collecting their albums and I really love them. Except for a few psychotic songs-but you know, Justin is a little bipolar, but he's no longer a danger to himself (at this time). Thanks to Shannon's eagle eye (she noticed the tour bus while we were waiting for our car in the valet line) we were able to get our pics with all the guys from the band-including Justin the lead singer. I told Justin that his lyrics totally rock-he said "you rock". Yes, that's right. Justin said I rocked. The concert was a lot of fun-reminded me of the good old clubbing days when I was in college at BYU. Ah, the old days...
The funniest part of the concert to me was when I illegally parked my car in front of the tour bus so that we could get said pics, and one of the security guys was guiding a hummer out onto the street-i hung around my car just in case I needed to move it-long story short-Stephenie Meyer was in the hummer-I didn't even pay attention-not that I would say anything to her but still kind of funny.




These pictures depict what I have been doing for the last week that I've been sick. This would be the educational enrichment that we get to do for work. We read articles and do post tests and take tests over all of it and do precepted shifts so that we can take care of sicker babies. Although I have learned A LOT that makes me actually more scared of these babies than I was before (ignorance is indeed bliss), I still may or may not be cursing the name(s) of whoever came up with the articles for the developmental and HIE portions. My head still hurts just thinking about it. But I'm almost done and then I can move onto my favorite (insert sarcasm here) portion that I've been looking forward to so much: cardiac. Kill me now.
Well that's all for now-I should get some sleep since I finally get to go back to work tomorrow-Yea!!!

4 comments:

Tara said...

I knew you were sick, but not that you were alone--I should have brought by some chicken soup (homemade of course).

Please feel better. I love you in the first pic--so good. And the tripping while on duty as a nurse . . . classic.

You DO rock! We need to hit the Cheesecake Factory for some fried mac and cheese bites--soooo good.

Lisa said...

That concert was awesome. He really is a little psycho. I love the fact that he is not a danger to himself anymore. YIKES!!!

Shannon said...

Yeah you totally do Rock! :) I just posted about Blue Oct tonight! It was fun--plus we made friends. Sorry you've been sick. You're not the only one Lisa abandoned--I'm lost during the day and you at night. sad. next time we'll have to commisserate (did I spell that right?)

Becky said...

Absolutely LOVE that pic of you at the top. Seriously, Amazing. Now can't say i read your whole post seeing that there are a lot of words and my eyes hurt at the moment. But I will say I'm sorry that you've been sick and if I wasn't freaking out and having you stalk for me the other day when we chatted perhaps you would have gotten a few words in. That is why I Love ya. And don't worry I'll read the rest tomorrow.