Friday, June 20, 2008

Comment on the Cat Situation

So a month ago or maybe a little longer I can't remember, a single mom and her 4 girls moved in downstairs (keep in mind, it's a 2 bedroom apartment, the same size as ours). That's about the time we noticed that 3 cats also moved in.

Now these cats were running all over the place, aka the stairs up to our apartment, and they liked to try to get into our apartment. In fact, one time one of them did get into the apartment which Lisa and the home teacher had a good time getting rid of. Because this has been a situation, we wanted to actually talk to the neighbor (aka homegirl) in person just to say hey, is there any way you could keep more control of your cats. I tried one night but she didn't open the door, but Lisa caught her a day or two later and the lady said she didn't realize that was happening, and she kept seeing them coming from upstairs when she called them and she wondered what was going on, but anyway I think she said she'd do something about it-I don't remember.

So we go to Las Vegas, and when we came back, we noticed that homegirl and co. had a new puppy. We thought that was kind of weird since they already had 3 cats AND a stay-over boyfriend (who looks mean and stares around at us), not to mention the mom and the 4 girls in the 2 bedroom apartment. This became a bigger situation when they left dog alone for the first day and he proceeded to WHINE all day long (this is great for someone who works nights and is trying to sleep). The whining proceeded to the dog throwing himself against the door in an attempt to get out. I like to think of this as animal cruelty myself, but whatever. I'd like to point out that the cat situation did not change, although only one cat was seen roaming the streets and our stairs, the other 2 have been inside.

So Lisa and I go to renew our lease for the year, and we mention that the neighbor has 3 cats and a dog, after we notice that the rules are 2 animals per apartment and that cats must be on a leash or in a cage when outside of the apartment (their words, not mine). So the apartment management says they'll talk to homegirl about the situation.

Fast forward to last Saturday when the cat was continuing to follow us around and attempt to get into the apartment. I call Adagio and say hey, this is still going on-they apparently know about it because the woman on the phone says-is this the neighbor with the three cats, ok we'll take care of it.

Fast forward to today. Now I have been out of town, but Lisa has continued to have situations with the cat. Then today when I got home from spin the cat met me at my car, followed me up the stairs (touching my leg the whole time) and attempted to get into the apartment with me. I called Michelle at Adagio and opened a can, threw out the words animal control, had to apologize for taking it out on her, etc. I was ticked. Michelle said that homegirl came to the office (I guess she'd received a notice or something) and said that the cat had accidentally gotten out that day. I told Michelle that the cat had accidentally gotten out every day because every day we have this problem. And so Michelle said she'd take care of it. Then she called back (she actually thought I was Lisa so she called Lisa) to verify the woman's apartment number, and Lisa expressed her annoyance at the cat. So hopefully something will be done.

I should say that I don't want to be one of 'those' neighbors who complains about everything, I mean I don't mind the dog downstairs (except for the whining-I really feel bad for that poor puppy in that crowded apartment locked up all day), and there's another dog downstairs acrossed the hall who is huge but he's very well behaved, no big deal. but the roaming cats are an issue-if the cats wouldn't try to come upstairs then I wouldn't be so worked up. Anyway I decided to document the cat situation when I got home from wal-mart, the cat appeared out of nowhere and started sidling up to me and trying to get in, and then you have to lift it with your foot and get it out of the way. It is a serious problem.....



**The cat was sidling so much to my leg it was hard to get a picture. seriously***














6 comments:

Lisa said...

Jen that is great. It really is a problem. I hate it when he comes out to greet you at the car and the rubbing up against you, really ticks me off and I don't find it cute. I think we need to keep taking pictures for evidence :)

Unknown said...

I am definitely taking pics for evidence-it's over-cameras are on boardr

Janey said...

You ronchy old lady neighbor- oh with a bad mouth on her by the way! Cats are so annoying, but don't you dare take it out on the dog

Unknown said...

I love dogs! In fact, I mostly feel sad for the dog because it's throwing itself at the door. I mean seriously-dogs need to be loved and NOT locked in a bathroom 10 hours a day. That is cruelty to puppies.

Unknown said...

I love dogs! In fact, I mostly feel sad for the dog because it's throwing itself at the door. I mean seriously-dogs need to be loved and NOT locked in a bathroom 10 hours a day. That is cruelty to puppies.

Jenna said...

Oh my gosh those pictures are awesome. And I love how you are all, "Well, the cat has been accidentally getting out every day..." When we lived in Logan and the visiting teachers would come over and I would lock Roxy in the bedroom, she also would throw herself against the door, although in fits of rage at not being allowed to rush downstairs and bark at the nice ladies, not because she was lonesome. And it was only for about a half hour or so, not ALL DAY LONG. Plus I thought it was really funny. Not so funny when the poor puppy downstairs is left alone all day long. I'm not even kidding you, I would call animal control and get that poor dog away from those people who obviously don't care about their pets.