
I had all kinds of plans to see people and to get in some nice long runs on my Satterfield/Olympus route and up Pocatello Creek Road, but I forgot that a. it was spring break and b. Pocatello is butt cold. So therefore the visiting and the runs never happened. And my friends who were in town, well, I didn't see because I was sleeping the days away (sorry team). I did get to see the girls from Dr. Alexander's office for lunch one day though so that was a lot of fun. But mostly I was just pretty lazy. I think I was also recovering from working the 5 out of 6 days.
I also bought a table while I was in Pocatello. I got it at Odell's, which I think everyone from Pocatello knows about because, like JCPenney's, they always close their doors early so they can open the doors the next day to bring you major deals. So I got in on one of those deals and bought a pub table that seats four, and is black. They didn't have enough chairs for me at the Pocatello store-they had to get them in from Blackfoot so I will get those on my next trip up. I'm pretty excited though.
While I was in Pocatello I did all kinds of eating. Of course we had to hit Senor Iguanas for the flour tortilla chips made especially for me and their wonderful salsa:
It was so good-and I ran into one of my co-workers from Alliance Title (it's Pocatello, you can't go anywhere without seeing someone you know-it's kind of fun :o) ). I don't think all the eating and the lack of exercise was any good for me-I was feeling pretty gross by the time I returned to Zion, but I had a great time visiting Jenna-watching Arrested Development-and downloading from my crazy work week. I can't wait to go back when it's not 35 degrees and snowing in March.
5 comments:
I'm not going to say what that plate of food looks like. I'm sure it was good. Although I have been dealing with bodily secretions all night so no big deal! I'll have to come see the table and chairs sometime. Did you know my sister's husband is from Blackfoot. I probably can get you a place to stay on your trip to get the chair!
Jane your comment about the food kind of made me sick a little. Your sister's husband is from Blackfoot? Have you been up to the potato museum? I highly recommend it-they give free tators' to out-of-staters-just throwing it out there.
You have been missed....I'm glad you had a good time at home. And yummy food to boot...don't ya hate that "bleck" feeling though when all is said and done?! :)
I hope I get to see you in a few weeks...
There you are! Thank you for posting that rather unflattering picture of myself. Appreciated. :) Roxy and I are wicked excited for you to come back as well - and this time we will do those Satterfield runs (post-Claritin, of course)...
Post a Comment