(that sentence didn't take me as long to think of as you might expect)
I want to reflect on those who blazed new trails to see how the other half lives-and went blonde.....
Sandra Bullock
Leighton Meester

And me
(please ignore the fact that in this photo I'm wearing NO make-up-if you sat in a chair for 6 hours at the salon you wouldn't have the energy to put on make-up either)
Sandra and Leighton went blonde for movie roles, which is why they are paid more than I am for their days' work. But my reasoning for going blonde? I did it on a whim one week. I do that-I get an idea and it sticks and the next thing I know I'm getting getting a 3rd ear piercing or dying my hair red, or black, or blonde, going to nursing school, buying a blackberry, buying a new car, whatever. This summer it was going blonde. It happens. Leighton's gone back to her dark roots, I'm not sure about Sandra but I hope she does-and as for me....I'm weighting my options....
Since everything is a learning experience I'd like to share with my fellow bloggers the good and the bad of this summer's hairstyle.
I didn't recognize myself for a good month when i looked in the mirror-and when I did I felt really pale-which caused me to actually use the foundation and bronzer from my Bare Minerals Starter Kit, which added time to my daily routine, when I bothered to care. Which I usually did care, at 3am while looking at my reflection under the fluorescent lights of the bathroom at work when my skin looked grey and my hair looked like straw and I questioned why on earth I even look in the mirror at that time of day.
While living as a blonde I found out why my (not so natural) blonde roommates from years passed only washed their hair every few days-because the bleach dried their hair out so much oil ran away in fear. That was kind of nice. Straightening my hair became a cinch since my ringlets had no idea what to do with all the chemicals and wanted to be straight more than curly.
I seemed to lose some interest from the latino male population which actually was more of a plus than a negative. But did I gain interest from the caucasion sect? Not too sure.
I do know that I don't feel quite myself without my dark hair-and when I see pictures of my dark hair I miss it, and I miss being able to have my normal curly hair (never thought I'd ever say that 10 years ago!). But it has taken a long time to do the blonde and I do really like it. What to do?
Help me decide!!!!



6 comments:
Hey-Cory's working late as usual, so I'm blog surfing...anyhow I must say I admire your courage to make such dramatic change! For me hair is a huge part of a way a person looks. I certainly wish I had the guts to be more bold! When I saw you in Park City I thought you looked great, although I must admit I'm a sucker for dark, dark hair. That's why I always said I'd marry a Tongan, give my kids a chance for some good dark jeans. Well, Cory's not quite Tongan but I think he carries some pretty attractive jeans himself.
The nice thing about hair is you can change it, it does grow back and a new do can make you feel so fresh, good luck!
Love the dark hair cuz it makes your great eyes "pop". Have to admit that you can carry it off either way---hey great idea, go half and half cuz then you can have fun AND look smart! ha ha Happy day!
It's definitely fun to change it up every now and then....but I have to be completely honest when I say I tsk tsk brunettes that go blonde long-term. Embrace your God-given gifts! Plus after bleaching the shiz out of it for awhile, it will look like crap. :)
p.s. I would bet money that Sandy was wearing a wig in that show. Just looks way to thick and healthy to be her hair bleached blonde.
You are so cute that really you could pull off either color, but I say go with being a blonde for a while! It is a nice change ( and a good color job I might add!! ). As for the make up - use the bare minerals faux tan instead of the bronzer. It goes better with blonde hair!!! ( I worked for Bare Minerals all last year! ) You will love it! I miss you!
Jen your hilarious....love reading all your "jen-isms" blog away sister...blog away!
Jen,
I think you are beautiful, no matter what color your hair is. I like the dark look best on you, but I think you look in anything.
Post a Comment