Why I'm Sad Summer Is Over:
1. I love when I leave work at 7:15am and it's warm and the mountains look so beautiful and I can roll down my windows, open up the sunroom, and turn up the music. It's so great!
2. Sleeping with my window open
3. Laying out at the pool those three times-or the beach-I mean I got a really great tan this summer
4. Running outside in the A.M.-it really only happened in L.A., Pocatello and Star Valley this year when I was off work but it was great
5. The sun setting after 9pm-I think it makes night shift feel shorter
6. Vacays! It was crazy going somewhere every month and in a way I'm glad I'm not going anywhere for awhile, but I miss L.A., Vegas and NYC. Those were good times.
7. Barbequed hamburgers and hot dogs-my fave summer food
8. Kenny Chesney in concert-I'm already excited for next year. Let's be honest-I was excited for next year the second the last concert was over.
Why I'm Looking Forward To Fall:
1. The yearly fall Park City trip-Baja Cantina, caramel apples at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, the crisp feel of the air-I don't think it gets much better
2. The new fall tv season-hopefully there isn't any kind of striking going on so we can get a full season of The Office, ER, Gossip Girl, Bones, etc. I think I may need tivo
3. Fall clothes-more importantly-long sleeved t-shirts, sweatpants, polar fleece
4. The fall leaves-although thanks to the Corner Canyon fire we won't get too much of a view of them this year
5. Getting back to a regular schedule
6. My little bro coming home from his mission in the Philippines
7. That crisp fall feeling in the air
8. My cousin Jamie getting married-that will be a lot of fun-congrats Jamie!
9. Gas prices falling because the oil companies aren't trying to make a huge profit on summer travelers.
6 comments:
Love the list--I have similar feelings about the change of season. Is there anywaay we can put off winther though???
Stop by or let me know when you are in PC--it would be good to see you!
Dude. So with you right now. Summer went by way too fast and I totally agree that not enough time was spent on said Summer activities.
Now, you did leave one thing off that you look forward to this fall....HALLOWEEN!!!!!! Pumpkin Spice shakes from Arctic Circle! Your sister's infamous Graveyard Pudding!
Amen to the long sleeved t-shirt, but you must add Chuck Taylors to the list (I finally got some last weekend and I heart them - black high tops...all should own.) This comment is getting way long. Perhaps I should steal your idea and make a list of my own....
Heart you!
I am also getting excited for Fall. Great Post!
JJJ,
you failed to mention your brother coming home in November, I would think that would be another reason why you look forward to fall......this year.
I love the FALL. Its my favorite time of year hands down. Now, if I can talk Mr. Biddle in getting me to Utah to see some of those fall leaves!
I agree with so much of that. I love the first few months of winter as well. It's January and February that I could do without.
Post a Comment