Saturday, August 16, 2008

Comments on my favorite place to go in the summer....


So every August for our Mills 'family reunion' we have gone to Star Valley. It's our family's favorite place to go. We like to golf, go into Jackson, spend time at the pool, and basically just hang out. For the last 10 years we have stayed at the Cabin Creek Inn, which has these cute little cabins that you can stay in-each one has a different theme-it's so fun! The best part of Cabin Creek is the breakfast. I look forward to the french toast every year.



Since Steff and I are training for the Hobble Creek Half Marathon we had the wonderful opportunity of running every morning-except Sunday our rest day-good thing it's so pretty up there because holy crap those runs were hard. I don't know how this race thing is going to go or who's idea it was.....



We tried golfing twice. This is Steff, me, Em, Lisa and Jamie after our first attempt to get in 18, we got rained out. Luckily Leon, the oh-so-helpful-not-easily-confused guy who was running the clubhouse gave us rainchecks.




That night even though it was still cold and damp we had our barbeque and made smores with Steff's smore maker-this is Jenna and I. Jenna wasn't annoying to me at all (heart you!). I just noticed that we were both wearing our signature colors-mine is orange, Jenna's is pink.



Saturday the Pope's went to Jackson since Pat, Ron and Jamie were leaving on Sunday (our usual Jackson day), and so Mom and Jenna and I were on our own for lunch, we tried the Goofy Bear which is a new little restaraunt up on the ranch (it is SO GOOD). Unfortunately they didn't open until 4 so we ended up at the Cheese Factory, but at least we got to take a seester peecture by the daisies.
We attempted doing 9 holes Saturday afternoon. This is what happened on hole 6 (or maybe it was 7, I can't remember-but I'm sure Lisa knows)-I mean can you SEE those raindrops? They were falling so hard!





Jenna hopped in the golf cart with us in an attempt to stay somewhat dry as we raced back to the clubhouse.






And here is our rainout x2....







This our girls pic right before church-Pat, Lisa, Jenna, Jamie, Steff, Em, Me, my mom. I love going to church in Star Valley. Although this year I slept through it-I was so tired from all the running. Sad....





After church the Pope girls stayed in Star Valley to swim and Mom, Jenna and I went to Jackson to have dinner at the Teton Steakhouse (some friends in Pocatello used to work there in the summers and so I really wanted to try it out. Waffs was right-they have the best clam chowder!) But before we headed out we had to stop at the Mav for cokes.



We stopped along the river on the way up the canyon to take pics-I love this one of me and jenna and the one of me and my mom...















Jenna and I getting fudge at Yippy I-O...








This is Jenna and I walking to a store, turns out a storm was coming and so we ended up getting out of dodge and heading back to Star Valley





My mom thought a good idea would be to take a picture of all of us with our golf clubs to send to Grandma and Grandpa Mills who started it all but haven't been able to make it up the last couple of years. Jenna is holding a book because well, she doesn't golf, doesn't want to golf, and takes a book on the course just in case she gets bored.



All in all a good time was had by all-of course we already have our cabins booked for next year. Party extended!

6 comments:

Jenna said...

Heart you ba-ack! I love the picture of us coming out of Maverik, we are laughing around because Convenience Store Clerk decided to have a conversation with us regarding why he was so tired and precisely how much sleep he had gotten the night before.

Tara said...

Glad you had such a fun/wet trip. You are going to do great in the 1/2 marathon! Maybe we can get together this week sometime . . .

Lisa said...

Good Times. I still can't believe how much it rained. Crazy!!!

Laura Lyden said...

Greetings from Alabama!!
Looks like you have been having fun- I love the pics!

Steffy said...

love it. I can't wait to go back. I need to get my pictures up. It's so pretty up there. I can't imagine a summer without it.

Chris & Jamie said...

Hey-
It was soooo good to see you and your seester and mom last week! I miss you guys so much and we need to get together Asap! Hey and thanks again for watching little Sklya, she totally loves you!!!