Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Comment on getting checked out....

So every girl dreams of dating and marrying a great guy: preferably clean-cut, successful in whatever his occupation is, faithful LDS church member, I mean seriously is that so much to ask? But I find that this type of guy for me is not so easy to come by, and hasn't been for years.

So instead of turning the head of this guy with my unbelievable wit and charm (and great fuzzy hair)....












I find myself getting hit-on by these guys:












Yes, that's right, our neighbors to the south aka 'mexicans' and old men.

I don't know what it is-if it's the large hair, the fact that my Saturn had a certain 'south of the border' charm, or the birthing hips that throw out the 'mexi-vibe' as I like to call it-- I just try not to make eye contact.

As for the old men, well, when I worked for the dermatologist in Pocatello, half of our patient population consisted of old men. And on surgery days they were 3/4 of our population. As a nurse I would get them coffee, blankets, make small talk, etc., just try to make them comfortable so they wouldn't get all nauseated and throw up on me (yes, that was my real reason behind it all), but they would get all bold and start winking and asking for more coffee than necessary and tell me how pretty my eyes were and was I single and if they were 40 years younger they'd pick me up in a second (insert my fake laugh here). The last week we worked in the office I got more hugs and butt pats-or in other words, more action than I'd seen in years.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is, Mom, Dad, if I ever get desperate you can find me in Mexico at the local rest home.....

6 comments:

Tara said...

Oh Jen! Old men and mexicans . . . I am rolling with laughter.

Jenna said...

You and Jen, I swear. Well, at least with the mexicans you would get beautiful children, and with the rich old men you can push them down the stairs.

Lisa said...

That is great!

Janey said...

Jen I can see it now- and you know as well as I do that it really isn't that far fetched. So where did you find the pic of mr. return missionary- I don't know if he would turn my head!

Laura Lyden said...

Oh Jen my Friend!! You make me laugh. I miss your coments- so I am glad that I can still read your blog!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I just laughed outloud!!!