Monday, March 17, 2008

Comments on a year ago....

So last night I was reading New Moon (I read the first few chapters, skip to the last few chapters, and then go back to where I left off in the beginning and read the middle-if I don't read it like this I find this book heart-achingly sad, but reading it this way it's my favorite), when I happened to glance at my bookmark which is the receipt from when i purchased the book-and I noted that the date was March 17, 2007. That would be a year ago today team-so that started me on reflecting....

Last year at this time, this exact day in fact, I had just finished up my spring break from ISU, which I spent down here in SLC doing 4 (12-hour) clinical days in a row at Primary Children's. It was draining. On my last day-March 16th-I had to stop at Apollo Burger for the celebratory hamburger for myself and Steff on my way to Steff's (she was living with Andra at the time-my how things have changed). Anyway on the 17th Lisa and Steff and I embarked on our 2nd apartment hunting trip, Pinnacle Reserve was the 1st one we looked at for the day and ended up being our choice (thanks to Mary the nice office person). Then we went and did a little shopping which is where I purchased Twilight and New Moon. The next day was a Sunday and I drove back to Idaho, did laundry, worked Monday and then drove back down to SLC that night so that I could finish up my last 6 hours at Primary's. I also went over and signed up for Pinnacle, and stopped off at Lisa's work (Stampin' Up!) to get a check from her I think-I can't remember. And I picked up another celebratory hamburger for the ride home.

Thinking about this had me thinking about how much I love my job-not that I didn't think I would love it, but it's amazing how much I've learned and how I'm getting more comfortable in the unit. I love the people I work with (except for the few who don't like to talk to new people-there's a saying that nurses eat their young-only some do but they need to stop), and I love that I was completely freaked out when I was a student at Primary's-some of the stuff I've had to do would have made me run away screaming- and now I'm like huh, my child might be trying to die on me, no big deal-let's just take care of that right now-pull out the bag and mask, call the RT, it's fine, life saved. Maybe we should get some labs, I'd like a chest x-ray-it's all good. I'm totally a nurse.

Anyway my point is simply this-my life is completely different than it was a year ago and I think that's pretty sweet. I like seeing life evolve-I guess it's kind of what it's all about, right?

And just a little P.S.-I have added the music playlist because I think everyone needs a little Blue October in their lives, if you guys find this too annoying let me know-although this is here mostly for me to listen to as I blog. I could open up itunes and just listen to it that way but that's too hard :o).....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny Jen I was thinking about the evolution of our individual lives today too. It is so amazing, as your friend to see how your life has evolved. I'm so impressed and think you are amazing.

Janey said...

I'm glad you like your job, because you have to deal with me everyday calling on vocera. So not that anyone was eating me alive, but there was a certain nurse tonight that came in my room and gave some pretty dirty looks. I'm just saying

Jenna said...

Hi. Love you buttloads, but yes it does annoy me to read peoples' blogs and have music blasting around. Although I do like this Blue October you speak of.

Shannon said...

did you see a few weeks when i had blue october as my fave muse of the mome? (i love abbreves). anyway can you make me a blue october cd and i'll make you something else....do you like the backstreet boys? j/k i'm sure i can find something you would like though...we have so much to thank stephenie for, don't we...if only she had decided to take the twilight series in a good direction. :( if i were you, i would just althogether skip "the 300 pages we will never get back" in new moon.....meaning 300 pages w/out edward are 300 wasted pages. i still can't get over it. or eclipse. ok i'm done. i'm going back to listen to more blu oct.