Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Comment on The Shirtless Wonder

So Monday I had off, and so did Lisa. This was fun for me because well, I usually have days off during the week but everyone else is at work, so I'm by myself, which I don't mind but sometimes it gets a little boring, and since my mom is the only other person who I know is home, I end up calling my mom seriously once or twice a day, depending on how many comments I have that day. But I'm totally digressing...


Anyway Lisa and I decided a good idea would be to go and see Fool's Gold. Note: Bad Idea. We went to the 12:20 show (the earlier show was for some mom's movie groups, and we did note the number of minivans in the parking lot). So the theatre which was huge consisted of me and Lisa, and a couple of grandma/grandpa couples, and some middle-aged guy by himself which is fine, yet kind of weird because what was this guy doing at a chick flick by himself? But back to the movie: basically we paid $5.25 to see Matthew McConaughey (sp?) run around with no shirt, which I can see for free on E!. It was seriously no shoes, no shirt, no problem, but not in a hot Kenny Chesney kind of way. Now even though I think M.M. is hot (sorry I didn't want to have to try and spell his name again), it was grossing me out that he was running around with no shoes, and that reminded me of Britney Spears running around in gas stations with no shoes on which is disgusting, and why does she like to have the papparazzi around her so much and has anyone put her on lithium yet and apparently the movie wasn't holding my attention enough so I could think of these things. Also-note to anyone who wanted to see this movie-it's PG-13, without the olbigatory 'f' word, but there is a chica who flashes her boobs, yes, that's right, i guess they were substituting frontal nudity (brief of course) for the ultimate swear word (don't worry mom I will send a letter to the movie rating people).


**The Shirtless Wonder in full glory**


Ok, so enough on Fool's Gold. So after the movie Lisa and I hit Rustler's Grill-which is a new grill place off 106th South, and it's kind of like Bajio's or Cafe Rio in that the menu is small and they make your food right in front of you and then you go and sit down and eat it. But it was really good. The fries were amazing and the hamburgers were really good and I didn't eat another meal the rest of the day because it kept me pretty full.






After Rustler's Grill we went to Old Navy and then to Target-where I went to get ribbon and ended up with a dress, butter, Ben and Jerry's Chubby Hubby, Valentine's Candy, a magazine, toilet paper, and I can't remember what else. The checkout guy was funny because I told him that I went in to get ribbon and after he rang it up he said well, your ribbon came to $62.86 or whatever it was. It was kind of funny. Anyway that was our day-it was pretty fun. It was nice to go out and just do fun stuff on a day off of work rather than my usual work out, go to the store, etc. And the weather was nice, spring fever is definitely hitting. And with spring fever usually comes spring shopping-I don't think my budget can handle it-I need to control myself......

3 comments:

Mom said...

So, J's....about the movie ratings people...how did that go? :o0

Jenna said...

Matthew McCaughnawhatever has short, stubby arms.
You are so cute!
I am totally with you on the Ben & Jerry's - hello Valentine's present to myself! Tonight I will be on the make for Phish Food.

Janey said...

So I don't think M.M is any mcdreamy even with his shirt off, so I guess I won't see that movie. You watch October Roads too! Ok I don't feel so ashamed