Thursday, February 7, 2008

Comment on being artsy

So I have never been one for arts and crafts, in fact I did a few crafty (or artsy as my boss at the BYU Bookstore called it) things at church activities but let's be honest, they sucked and ended up getting taken away to DI, or the garbage can, whichever was most appropriate.

So now I live with Lisa and well, she's very artsy. She takes after her mom (my dad's older sister). Seriously Lisa has the knack for decorating, creating, displaying, what-have-you, everything that I lack in the 'making a home a home' department. Basically Lisa has decorated our apartment, which is a good thing because I don't know how to decorate. I have contributed a second-hand entertainment center, a clock (which was given to me by my BFF Becky), and a picture I purchased in Seattle. That's about where it ends....


until now.....


Introducing (drum roll please).........


My Decoration!!!!!! Ta Da!!!!







You may look at this as just 3 hearts sticking in a piece of wood, but I look at this as a new era in my life-the era where I can learn to tap my inner martha and create decor in my own home. Very exciting. Thanks to Lisa and a shop known as the Wood Connection, I am enjoying making these little crafty things. And, since there's a writer's strike and Lost is the only thing on tv, I have all kinds of time to do things. It's very exciting. Now I'm not really sure about the random pink heart, I think I probably should have done all 3 red, but I'm still working on learning these things, and they may need little rafia ribbons tied around them, but for now I feel really good about it.


Here are a few other artsy things I have done:

I painted a magnet board that I can put pictures/momentos in, as soon as I take some pictures (hence the new camera)

I painted my toes-in a lovely shade of "Linkin Park at Midnight" ala L.C. from "The Hills"
haha
And I arranged some flowers too:
Well that's all for my decor for now. I think I've decorated myself out until summertime. I should probably go to the gym and workout now or something......

4 comments:

Mom said...

a very promising future, my child...

Lisa said...

Jen that is awesome. I am glad my home decor side has rubbed off on you. It was bound to happen living with a Pope.

Janey said...

love the toenails! So I need your help making my blog look as cool as yours!-plain Jane

Shannon said...

Hi Jen! I'm Lisa's coworker and a self-proclaimed blog stalker--thanks for not making yours private! :) I think I have that same color on my toes but mine is Lincoln Park Afterdark. hahaha I like your interpretation--especially since I currently love Linkin Park! p.s. you and Lisa need to join my stamp club!! it's tons-o-fun!