Thursday, May 22, 2008

Comment on Day #2 in NYC

Day #2 in NYC, aka Friday, was very wet and very rainy. And when I say rainy, I mean water dumping out of the sky. I didn't bring an umbrella, but luckily there were street vendors galore selling umbrellas-Lisa bought hers for $3, I bought mine a few hours later for $5. Unfortunately I wasn't feeling well (the non-existent kidney stone/unknown pain kept me in and on vicodin, no big deal) but I did make it out to Sephora and Tiffany's (a very long trek up 5th Avenue but worth it-especially since our purchases went up $15 after we got back to Utah). This first pic is Jamie and I taking a breather at Tiffany's. My purchase took me all of 5 minutes, but Em and Lisa took a little longer-not that we minded, it was nice to sit.

This is Me, Lisa and Emily w/our purchases-notice our very wet pant legs! Right after Jamie snapped this photo she got chastised by the security guard-apparently pics in Tiffany's is not allowed. Oh well :o)










That night we went to see Mary Poppins. It was a cool play-with fun special effects. Mary Poppins was my favorite Disney movie in elementary school so it was fun to see. Plus, let's be honest, the first question everyone asks after you get back from New York is did you get to see a play? I'm glad I can say yes!

The view of the stage from our seats-not bad. And the pic of me was before the play started-I won't lie, I was pretty glad to have naturally curly hair that day-it worked well with the wet weather.





After the play we made our way over to Serendipity-which was made famous by Oprah and by various movies like Serendipity and One Fine Day. We all got frozen hot chocolates-as well as mix to take home and make our own. Since we went so late we didn't have to wait in line which was amazing. The walk there was kind of sketchy-and so was the fact that one of subway stations we went to was closed. I was a little freaked out-I felt a lot better when we made it back to our hotel.









All in all this day wasn't bad, but we were just hoping and praying that the weather reports were correct when they said that Saturday would be sunny. I don't know if we could have handled two rainy days in a row. Seriously.

4 comments:

Tara said...

Love the frozen hot chocolate!

Steffy said...

Looks like fun. I am totally missing New York.

Jenna said...

You guys are soaked in those first pictures! And Tiffany's looks beautiful. :)

Janey said...

Seriously, I will be there in 17 days! Can't wait