So after some regrouping after we got checked into our hotel (and a nap for me)-we took off for Times Square. The subway wasn't as scary as I thought it would be (riding subways has always been one of my biggest fears, kind of weird), and even though there was a subway purse snatcher on the loose-we actually didn't have any problems the entire trip.
In Times Square we were on the lookout for a bus tour-and I swear the bus tour salesmen could see it on our faces because we were acosted every 10 feet to purchase tickets-it was so ANNOYING. The weirdest thing was that after we purchased the tickets-we were never bugged again-the entire trip-isn't that weird?
(this is me and Jamie on the bus-notice homegirl behind us with her hand and handkerchief over her mouth-I'm so glad Emily got this picture!!)
We got off the bus to eat at Carnegie Deli-which had the hugest sandwiches ever-but we were so excited to eat we forgot to take pictures of them! They gave a plate of pickles as an appetizers-they were pretty good.
After the deli we took the subway over to Greenwich Village where we picked up some cupcakes at Magnolia Bakery which were delish-and the line wasn't too long, we only had to wait like 10-15 minutes which was great. Then we went to a park area acrossed the street to eat the cupcakes, when we noticed a tour going on-turns out it was a Sex and the City tour-how fun is that?(me and my cupcake box on the left, and the SATC tour on the right)
After Greenwich it's all kind of a blur-we went to NYU campus (look for that in my future Felicity blog) and then I think we went to H&M, and then we went back to the hotel, hitting Speedy's for dinner. Actually Speedy's Fresh Food Fast was the best thing to have so close to our hotel-it was around the corner from our Hotel acrossed from one of the subway stations-and we knew wherever we got off that as long as we could find Speedy's we could find our hotel. All I know is that I need a Speedy's here in Utah-I would seriously never cook again :o)





2 comments:
I love reading about your 1st day! It kinda makes me feel like I was there instead of here (where incidentally it has been snowing on and off all day--isn't it almost JUNE????)
I love the Felicity comment and think it would make a great blog. I need to watch more reruns--they used to be on the WE channel at 10 in the AM.
I got your call--thanks for checking in. Things are well!
Jen I wish we were there right now. It was so much fun.
Post a Comment