I'm working tonight-no big deal, it's fine.
In fact I'm so good at my job that I'm able to check out old facebook pics and such while saving lives (or life in this case). I'm a multi-tasker.
So I was looking on old facebook notes-you know the ones. Last year instead of sending out email surveys that we all started ignoring people got all creative and started sending them out on facebook, until we all started ignoring them.
Anyway I found one such survey and I thought it was rather funny. Some parts anyway. Either that or I'm just cracking myself up for no good reason.
February 2009
1.Where were you 3 hours ago?
Bedspace 26 instead of where I am now, which is bedspace 21
2.Who are you in love with?
No one, sad!
3.Have you ever eaten a crayon?
Can’t say that I have-I was a smart child J
4.Is there anything pink within 10 feet of you?
The Code Pink-Bed 21 sign
5.When is the last time you went to the mall?
Um I can’t remember-probably before Christmas-oh wait, it was before Christmas, with Jane 6.Are you wearing socks right now?
yes granny knee highs
7.Do you have a car worth over $2,000?
Yes
8.When was the last time you drove out of town?
Pocatello last weekend
9.Have you been to the movies in the last 5 days?
no
10.Are you hot?
hell yes
11.What was the last thing you had to drink?
Watered down diet coke
12.What are you wearing right now?
scrubs
13.Do you wash your car or let the car wash do it?
I go to the place where they wash it and clean out the inside for you and give me free car freshener
14.Last food that you ate?
a carrot
15.Where were you last week at this time?
I was at work, where I am right now. Different bedspace though
16.Have you bought any clothing items in the last week?
negative
17.When is the last time you ran?
last week
18.What's the last sporting event you watched?
today I watched a little bit of the PGA Golf Tour in Phoenix
19.What is your favorite animal?
puppies aka small dogs
20.Your dream vacation?
someplace tropical with a secluded beach and a pool boy to bring me drinks
21.Last person's house you were in?
my parent’s pocatello house
22.Worst injury you've ever had?
I haven’t been injured really-oh wait-I tore my calf muscle in step aerobics-that was HORRIBLE
23.Have you been in love?
sure
24.Do you miss anyone right now?
my family
25.Last play you saw?
Mary Poppins last year in NYC-yeah, not really a play person
26.What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex?
I haven’t been endowed with one of those
27.What are your plans for tonight?
work until 7 am
28.Who is the last person you sent a Facebook message or comment?
I can’t remember-I know I just saw people-I know it was someone from work…..
29.Next trip you are going to take?
NYC
30.Ever go to camp?
Girl’s camp for young women’s
31.Were you an honor roll student in school?
once in a while
32.What do you want to know about the future?
everything!
33.Are you wearing any perfume or cologne?
DKNY green apple or whatever it’s called
34.Are you due sometime this year for a doctor's visit?
next month
35.Where is your best friend?
I have 2 and they are both in new york
36.How is your best friend?
hopefully good-I haven’t talked to either of them for a few days
37.Do you have a tan?
I’m a ghost
38.What are you listening to right now?
an IV alarm, and that lame lullaby song on we are all sick of
39.Do you collect anything?
not really
40.Who is the biggest gossiper you know?
hmmm…not sure, I think we’re all about the same
41.Last time you got stopped by a cop or pulled over?
Last October I got a speeding ticket on my way to work when I thought my primary was dying
42.Have you ever drank your soda from a straw?
this is a dumb question
43.What does your last text message say?
yeah, tell me about it
44.Do you like hot sauce? sriracha sauce to be exact
45.Last time you took a shower? today
46.Do you need to do laundry?
oh my gosh-I need to get cancelled tomorrow night (tonight) so I can do my laundry
47.What is your heritage?
british, dutch, american
48.Are you someone's best friend?
I’d like to think so but I could be fooling myself
49.Are you rich?
no
50.What were you doing at 12AM last night?
swearing in my head because certain babies were not cooperating with my idea of quiet time
So here's the same answers that I would give tonight-a little over a year later:
1. Where were you 3 hours ago?
Standing at my bedspace in bed 8 talking to Jan.
2. Who are you in love with?
No one-wait, that hasn't changed? WTH???
3. Have you ever eaten a crayon?
Well, if I hadn't by 2009 what makes 2010 any different?
4. Is there anything pink within 10 feet of you?
Oh-a pink patient bucket! (those of you who are adults would puke in them during your hospital visits, but in the nicu we use those for baths.
5. When is the last time you went to the mall?
Saturday
6. Are you wearing socks right now?
Yes, hospital policy.
7. Do you have a car worth over $2000?
Yes, I do have 2 college degrees so I better have a car over $2000
8. When was the last time you drove out of town?
Saturday I went to American Fork, which is technically out of town from Draper-out of the county even!
9. Have you been to the movies in the last 5 days?
Yes-2 actually-unheard of for me!
10. Are you hot?
Today I think I looked pretty good.
11. What was the last thing you drank?
An Energy Vitamin Water since I''m "off diet coke"
12. What are you wearing right now?
Scrubs
13. Do you wash your car or let the car wash do it?
Um...yeah....I don't wash my own car. I do my oil changes at the dealership and they wash it for me.
14. Last food that you ate:
Pringles baked wheat stix-the honey butter kind and only 100kcalories!
15. Where were you last week at this time?
In Pocatello in my room in my bed. Sigh.
16. Have you bought any clothing items in the last week?
I already said I went to the mall. This goes without saying. Duh.
17. When is the last time you ran?
Tuesday. For 2 minutes. I'm working on it.
18. What's the last sporting event you watched?
Jazz/Nuggets game Monday night
19. What is your favorite animal?
Oh, you mean member of the family? Roxy my sister's pomeranian.
20. Your dream vacation?
Still someplace tropical with a hot pool boy
21. Last person's house you were in?
Pocatello house
22. Worst injury you've ever had?
Yeah-screw the calf muscle-I got tendonitis in my ankle which i think i actually tore the tendon but whatever. It's the reason I can't run and the other reason half of my flex spending account is gone and the other reason I know what physical therapy assistants do.
23. Have you been in love?
yes-just not in the last few years. this sounds pathetic! why do i answer these things?
24. Do you miss anyone right now?
The last few weeks when I've come into work I've missed Jane, and when I've been in pocatello I've missed Becky. Sad.
25. Last play you saw?
Legally Blonde
26. What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex?
my witty personality. obviously. it's been working so well.
27. What are your plans for tonight?
write down some vitals, give some prn fentanyls, suction, you know, the usual
28. Who is the last person you sent a facebook message or comment?
Heidi Harding Mckracken-a big happy birthday!
29. Next trip you are going on?
Vegas
(I'm editing out dumb questions here)
32. What do you want to know about the future?
Everything and nothing-I'd rather be hopeful and excited for what could happen than depressed about what didn't happen that I still have to live through.
33. Are you wearing any perfume or cologne?
No-but I am wearing Berry Vanilla from B&B Works and laundry detergent that is Tide Sport with 2x the febreeze-just to stick it to the (wo)man who thinks everything needs to be fragrance free
35. Where is your best friend?
Oh wait, there still both in NYC. Oh wait-where am I? SLC. Huh.
36. How is your best friend
One is busy, the other one I'm playing phone tag with. Hopefully she's good too.
37. Do you have a tan?
No but I really want one, but not quite bad enough to get into the cancer casket.
38. What are you listening to right now?
The bubbling of a chest tube and the hissing of a suction canister and my own fingers tap tap tapping away on the keyboard.
39. Do you collect anything?
Music. That's what I collect. And it's amazing.
40. Who is the biggest gossiper you know?
It's me ok. It's me. I can admit that. But mostly I just like to know what's going on so I ask and people tell me. It's fine. Right? Don't stop telling me things just because I said this!
41. Last time you got stopped by a cop or pulled over?
It was in the wintertime-during one of our semi-storms when the roads were kinda wet. It was a sunday morning on the way home from a shift and I was calmly listening to Christmas music and actually going the speed limit when a cop on a power trip pulled off of the off-ramp and pulled me over after following me for like 5 minutes. Scared me to death. I didn't get a ticket but I got a lecture for driving too fast. I was going 50. Anyway I didn't drive again to work for a couple of days. I made Kent drive. No big deal. It's the joy of the carpool.
42. I'm still not answering this question
43. What does your last text message say?
we arrive at 807 in slc
44. Do you like hot sauce?
really? and you care why?
45. Last time you took a shower?
today-although if I hadn't taken a shower today do you think I'd say oh last week? No, I wouldn't . But I really did take a shower today. Or more technically, yesterday, since it's 1:33am. But it was 12 hours ago so that's not bad.
46. Do you need to do laundry?
I need to fold my laundry. It's on my bed all clean and smelling like tide with 2x the febreeze. I know people who would go into full-on cardiac arrest just by walking into my room from bronchospasms the scent would produce.
48. Are you someone's best friend?
I never know.
49. Are you rich?
Not yet. I probably never will be. I'm a nurse-the bottom of the surgical food chain. Oh wait, that's a quote from Grey's Anatomy on surgical interns. Never mind. But no, I"m not rich. I'm waiting for that big inheritance from some long-lost family member. Or my brother when he makes the big bucks and takes care of me in my old age.
50. What were you doing at 12am last night?
Watching this week's Real Housewives of NYC. I'm not ashamed. Wanna know what I did after that? Watched more episodes of The Hills marathon on MTV. Admit it-you were watching it too-I know you were!!
Well, that's all folks. I found this entertaining even if nobody else does. Well, Jenna will I'm sure but she's my sister so she's like bound by law to laugh at my jokes-I sure laugh at hers......
6 comments:
That is hilarious! Thanks for the laugh. And the question about have you ever drank a soda with a straw is totally ridicious!
I thought it was pretty funny too. I didn't realize you were off diet coke, how's that going?
I love it! you are also amazing for going off DC, i am not that strong yet.
This cracked me up! And I'm stealing it.
I really needed a laugh since it's finals week and I should be studying but instead am reading and laughing at your blog!! :) Thanks for the memories! Wow that really dated me. I think that was on the Lawrance Welk show or something. uhhhh yes I did watch that along with Andy of Mayberry and the like. Happy Day!
I'm glad everyone's been amused by this post!! Yea! And yes, I'm off the diet coke. And it's going well except I'm exhausted without it. No big deal :)
Post a Comment