I didn't realize we were embarking on a new decade until New Year's Eve when I was watching some show on E! or MTV about the hottest bodies of the decade or the greatest songs of the decade or something of that nature. That's when the whole 'end of the decade' thing dawned on me.
The last time we ended a decade was in 1999 which was a huge deal as it was also the end of a century. I'm sure I was waxing nostalgic about the end of that decade. I think I had a lot of expectations and excitement for what the next 10 years will bring. But I just don't feel it for the end of this decade. In fact, I had to think hard to realize that a lot really has happened over the past 10 years. I experienced the Great Nuskin Firings of 2000, went on a mission, moved to Idaho, went to nursing school, and moved to Salt Lake. That's kind of a lot, right?
So after spending a week thinking about things-I've decided that this will be the decade that I make things happen. Instead of holding back out of fear I'll leap forward and take life by the horns.
That last sentence was a little dramatic and cheesey.
In a nutshell I'll enjoy the fact that I can take charge and explore what I'd like to do, find new interests, and work on being healthy physically, spiritually, and mentally. And at the end of this decade I look forward to finding that I've been successful........
3 comments:
Go Jen! That sounds like an awesome plan!
I cannot believe all the things that have happend in the last decade--amazing. I think the decades will only continue to see more accomplishments and achievements.
I was the same way, I didn't realize it had been a whole decade until they were telling everyone the song of the decade and I was like What!!! Crazy.
Post a Comment