Thursday, June 12, 2008

Comments on Vegas 2008

So we went to Vegas last weekend (June 6th-8th). Now Vegas the last couple of times I've gone has not been my favorite place-I haven't been back since 2004 or 2005 or something like that-in fact I've found it quite sad that everything is so overdone and fake and people are just gambling their lives away and doing the whole 'eat drink and be merry' thing. But this time wasn't too bad because we had an agenda-hitting the Kenny Chesney concert since homeboy cut out the SLC show in favor of San Diego, and then Saturday was going to be the day at the pool. We rented a cabana and everything. And so-here is the Vegas trip in pictures:


Thursday June 5th-we headed for Vegas via St. George where we spent the night with our grandparents which is always a good time. Gramps was busy being industrious looking up genealogy for my dad. We had a great run Friday morning on this trail we like to go too. A good preparation for all the food we would be eating.











Then after hitting the grocery store and Maverick for drinks we headed down to Vegas....







When we got to Vegas we decided to do our shopping first so that Saturday could be spent at the pool. First we went to the Coffee Bean in the Venetian before the ever so expensive stop at Sephora, then the new Town Square at the end of the strip where we hit H&M.


We checked into our hotel (aka The Excalibur, which I don't know if I'd want to stay in again-I liked the Flamingo rooms better, but they had a very crowded pool situation. I think overal Monte Carlo has been my favorite) and got ready for the concert at MGM Grand Garden Arena (which is like a 30 minute walk through the MGM Grand to get to the back where the arena is. Seriously).






















Kenny's opening act was LeeAnn Rhymes-don't worry-if it looks like her dress is really a shirt, we felt that way as well. I do now have leg envy-she does have great legs, but still-we think the front row got more of a show than they expected.











Some of my favorite moments from the Kenny Concert:

Waiting for Kenny to come out-you never know how he'll show up on the stage-the anticipation is amazing!

Old Blue Chair...A great song.....


Kenny and Uncle Kracker singing Cowboy. It's a highlight of Kenny's concert. Last year we didn't get this song because Kracker wasn't touring with him. It was sad-we missed it. But this year Kracker was back in action-Kenny apparently threw him a huge b-day party at the Bellagio pool-apparently they got a little crazy, Kenny said that if we knew what all went on at the pool we'd be impressed that they were even singing on stage. We noticed a couple of things about Kracker-first of all-he was wearing jeans this year instead of pyjama pants (he got dressed!), and he was wearing a wedding ring. Impressive. See, Kracker doesn't seem to have a whole lot going on, so he tours with Kenny, comes out, sings 3 songs, and then he's out. The best is that they can't ever seem to get the words to Cowboy right-they usually end up laughing-but it's all good-they're having fun and so are we!


My absolute favorite Kenny song-Anything But Mine.....



After the concert we went back to our hotel for our post-Kenny ritual-Key Lime Pie, which luckily they had at the Sherwood Forest Cafe...


















The next day was our fabulous pool day-where we rented a cabana for the day and had a personal waitress, and just hung out at the pool. Thanks to my diligence in making sure that we all reapplied sunscreen so that nobody got sunburned, nobody got any sun at all-sunscreen works!















After the pool we went to dinner at my favorite restaraunt from my mission-Claim Jumper-it was so good and we ate so much! And then it hit us how full we were-good thing we had plans to walk around the strip to help with digestion. I don't think I'll be craving the chocolate cake again for YEARS....












The girls and I outside the Harley Cafe-this one's for you Dad!



The next morning I was all kinds of excited to hit a Las Vegas breakfast buffet-which was really good-however I don't eat as much as I used to, and I only went through the buffet line once (and then I got a little dish of ice cream at the end) and I was stuffed, so I'm sure I could have gotten my money's worth at an actual restaraunt rather than a buffet, but it was still fun-it's a Vegas thing to do....








And then we were off...


5 comments:

Tara said...

You look great in all of the pictures!!! I am glad you had a fun trip and I am ready for a cabana rental myself!

Jenna said...

"Whooooooo"

Lisa said...

I wish we could re live it every weekend. It was so good!

Anonymous said...

Now I've seen a KC concert but I Have to experience the cabana in person...

Anonymous said...

OK, now that looks like a good time. I want to go to Vegas with you sometime!!! I loves me the Vegas!