
So I won't lie, I make a mean chocolate chip cookie. It's my thing. Back in high school my dad used to make me bake cookies every Sunday. It was kind of annoying but I did it because I'm a dutiful daughter. That tradition continued when I moved back home after my mission. Usually my mom or my brother would say they would 'help' but that just consisted of them putting away the ingredients when I was done with them. What I really wanted help with was the actual baking of the cookies which takes forever.
Anyway I am digressing. I started out making the nestle tollhouse cookies which worked ok but sometimes they would be crispy on the edges. I progressed to the recipe in the crisco butter flavored package which wasn't too bad. My former aunt Susan had a good recipe that I started to use, as did my roommate Bev (it was her sister Misty's recipe). I ended up combining Misty and Susan's recipes to come up with my own. My Grandpa Carson deemed my cookie recipe to be better than Susan's, which no one thought Susan appreciated but now we really could care less. Anyway the recipe is top secret, not really one I give out-I don't think it needs to be changed or improved. I'm kind of prideful about my cookie recipe-it may be something I need to work on. Anyway I don't even have it written down, it's just in my head. The secret is in the mixing-I mix for a really long time. And the brown sugar-that adds great taste. I did write the recipe down once for my sister with strict instructions on proper mixing. However, when I tried her attempt I didn't even recognize them as my cookies. Jenna struggles :o) .
Anyway I don't make my cookies as often as I do when I'm at home-but last night I was worked up about work and I decided I needed to do some baking (Izzie from Grey's Anatomy style) and so Lisa and I made an emergency run to Albertson's to get some chocolate chips and the baking began. I ate some dough, ate some cookies, and now I'm working on giving away the cookies-maybe if you're lucky you'll get some :o)..........
5 comments:
I want one Izzie!
I bake on Sundays too! Those cookies look very yummy...makes me want to bake today!
Guess what the first thing you will be doing when you come visit....:o)Mom
i can't read all of that right now b/c it's just too long but i passionately feel that you need to send some of those cookies to work w/lisa tomorrow! :) p.s. check my blog b/c i talk about you! :)
Man, I totally struggle, I will not lie. And, weird coincidence - I've actually been craving your cookies the last 3 sundays!
Post a Comment