Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Comment on Redeeming Myself

So when it comes to buying tickets, I tend to struggle. It all started back when I was oh, around 13 or 14. Jim and Jill (my aunt and uncle) had come into town and we (the cousins) thought a good idea would be to go to Snowbird to ski. We stopped off at a Smith's to buy discount tickets and we were on our way. I was the one entrusted with the tickets for our car, no big deal-I'm a responsible girl.
So we get to Snowbird and we get out of the car to look at the hill-and we were scared-I was exceptionally scared, but whatever, we'd be fine, right? Well, we parked and we got out and got our gear and I went to get the tickets out of the car-and they weren't there. We searched everywhere-back where we'd stopped, the car, each other, the tickets were gone. So we ended up skiing the free bunny hill. I felt terrible.
Things went from bad to worse when I got home and took off all my ski gear and found the tickets-stuffed up the sleeve of my sweater in between the sweater and the turtleneck. Turns out I was so nervous when I caught sight of the big run that I'd shoved the tickets up my sleeve.

Fast forward to last September. Lisa and I thought a good idea would be to go and see Thriller by the Odyssey Dance Company-and Steff and Em were in on it too. So I was in charge of purchasing the tickets-no big deal. So I kept thinking tickets for Steff, Em and Lisa-so I buy the tickets and email everyone and tell them our seat numbers. That's when Steff emails me back and points out that I only bought 3 tickets. Yes, that's right, I forgot to buy a ticket for myself. So I called and got a seat, which was in the row in front of everyone, not too bad, but still.

Of course we can't forget the NYC airline ticket fiasco last week. Although I think that was a computer error.

Which brings me to the Kenny Chesney tickets. For the last 3 years we have gone to see Kenny when he brings his summer tour to SLC. It's usually around the 1st day of summer and is always a party. Unfortunately it looks as though K-Chez is not coming to SLC this summer, and that's had us pretty stressed out. So we decided that a good idea would be to attend the concert in Vegas-I mean it's K-Chez, it's Vegas, and the Stratosphere has a topless pool (just throwing that out there :o) ). So it turns out that I'm the only one available to purchase tickets since I have the day off, Lisa has a meeting and Steff is well, teaching school. This doesn't make me nervous at all considering my ticket mishaps. So after a phone call to Lisa to go over how I do this-I put on my K-Chez t-shirt and put on some K-Chez toons and get to work.

Luckily Steff had a small break and she was able to be on the phone with me for moral support, which was a good thing. I logged onto the fan club site and was able to get tickets right away, however we thought we could probably get better tickets so I threw those back and got the next set-which was in another section that wasn't bad but we thought hey we can probably get better-so I throw those back. And then for the next 15 minutes I kept being told by the website that they didn't have any tickets available. I was freaking out. What would I tell Lisa? Steff tried to get tickets and couldn't get them either. We started making contingency (sp?) plans to purchase them with the general public on Saturday which is a risk but what could we do. Meanwhile I kept clicking confirm on my 4 ticket purchase-Steff had given up and we were talking ourselves into the saturday purchase and thinking it was over when......ta da! 4 tickets pop up in section U-8. Not a bad section, not completely on the side-but not anything we felt we should throw back-we didn't want to run the risk of not getting tickets. And so with students pounding on Steff's door (Miss Pope let us in!) the tickets were purchased and the receipt was printed. All is well-Vegas here we come!!!

4 comments:

Tara said...

Jen, your comments have kept me entertained! I have not left the house since March 1 (I have been sooooo sick).

Remind me next time we do anything that has to do with tickets you let Erika or me do the purchasing--your history is definitely suspect! But everyone still loves you.

Anonymous said...

I just keep learning "things" about my girls...definitely entertaining!

Jenna said...

The ski tickets pushed up your sleeve c-aracks me up!

Lisa said...

Jen that was great. I remember each of those ticket mishaps. I am so excited for NYC and Kenny. It's going to be a great summer.