So my sister is going through a way fun divorce right now. Her soon-to-be ex, Cody (aka Codeman) has turned out to be a real winner. There were signs of course, but in the whole business of "we're family so we overlook weird quirks" we chose to overlook the aforementioned signs because he was well, Jenna's husband and we love Jenna. Anyway one of the weird quirks that I found to be a huge issue, is that homeboy is anti-higher-education. I can't count the number of discussions we had about why college is good (my point) and why college is a business scheme put out there by 'the man' whose main goal is to keep the Codeman down by force-feeding their thoughts and ideas into his head (Cody's point). I can't really explain why he felt this way -can anyone really explain irrationality? I don't think so. But the fact that Codeman found the attached video clip so great (i.e. I think he felt he found a kindred soul in this prison inmate) should have been an early warning sign that things would spiral out of control in the future. And so-with great aplumb (don't know what that word really means but it sounds appropriate)-I present: Self Smart (I promise, you won't be disappointed)
1 comment:
Ah, yes. College. One issue that Cody and I disagreed on. Come to find out, we also disagreed on other issues, such as "forsake all others" and that we would be married "for time and all eternity." But I digress. Anyways, this video is a classic!
Post a Comment